The National League clash with the Mildenhall Fen Tigers, lost to the weather last Friday has been slotted in on Friday September 22nd for the Plymouth Devils.
With heavy rain and thunderstorms forecast last Friday the club took an early decision on Friday morning to cancel the meeting and in the end it was a correct decision with rain hitting the area a few hours before the scheduled start time.
Co-Promoter Laurence Rogers was adamant their early decision was the best course of action, “ When we look at all the various weather forecasts it gives us a good all round viewpoint. This week all of them showed heavy rain and thunderstorms and although the sun did come out for a while against what had been predicted the track was very wet from the previous rain. Then the predicted rain did hit the area and I had a picture sent to me just before 5pm and it was bucketing down. “
“If we would have taken a risk and left it late this would be unfair on everyone travelling and we would have incurred quite a bit of expense so thankfully this was avoided and our early decision proved a correct one.”
“We must thank the Mildenhall promotion for agreeing the new date quickly to fill a blank week on 22nd especially as they are at Stoke the next night.”
The remaining fixtures are now:
Friday 15th September v Birmingham (NL)
Friday 22nd September v Mildenhall (NL)
Friday 29th September v Eastbourne (KO Cup Semi-Final)
Friday 6th October v Mildenhall ( National Trophy Final)
Friday 13th October RESERVED (K O Cup Final)Friday 20th + Friday 27th Ocober RESERVED